should have mentioned, won't work in mozilla...
should be a nice project to do this cross-browser... this was one cool 5k contest entry, I had a look at the code and it's - well - tight ;)
What would really interest me about this is 'how do I calculate those 6 maching colors?' Given that, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to code something up...
- Harmonic colors - Introduction
- Color Schemer - Online Color Scheme Generator - seems to be IE only too
- Colours on the web - color theory and color matching - this is a really comprehensive one, seems browser independant (generates images as far as I can see)
- read this page if you are looking for a real good rundown on the color stuff
- Calculating complements: each pair must total 255
230,190, 80 => E6BE50 apricot
22, 65,175 => 1641AF bright blue
- going off-topic now ;)^
It is a method to encode
more than 8 bits of greyscale within a 24-bit color image. Using the
technique, exactly 1,786 levels of grey can be encoded and decoded.
- efg's Color Reference Library -- Color Science / Color Theory - more color related links than you can throw a brick at
- EasyRGB - Color mathematics and conversion formulas.
As we receive regular inquiries about the math involved in color conversion, we decided to publish the formulas used by our Color Calculator.
Each conversion formula is written as a "neutral programming function", easy to be translate in any specific computer language (C, Java, Basic, Pascal, PHP, Perl etc.).
- hex-rgb-convertor - good source for sample code
[ by Martin>]
similar entries (vs):
similar entries (cg):