the strata of intention
"I intended to do XY" - that is what one might say. But is it what one actually intended? Maybe one actually believes it is... there is at least one layer of intention beneath that. Sometimes it is very insightful to dig beneath the surface intention behind vertain actions. If we take the unconscious mind into account, there are intentions we have that we might not even realize. What was the real reason for action XY?
Here's a rought list of the possibe layers of this intention strata, surface down:
- the reason we rationalize. I did it because it is the best possible course of action. I needed the mones...
- the emotional reason. Beneath each decission lies an emotion. I didn't want XY to have YZ. I wanted to be first to...
- the emotional strategy. We want to be first because we want attention, crave love.
- the base drive/craving. Love, Attention, Food, Sex, you get it
So, ask yoursekf again: why did I really do XY? Because it was the rational best solution? How deep can you go with this strata? Reducing it to core drives might not be very useful, but digging deeper than the rationalized surface explanation will be.
Oh, and while you are at it: Question Your Beliefs.
- your body already knows the truth
- What the Vorlons and the Shadows both missed
- seeking the truth - the one we like that is
alles Bild, Text und Tonmaterial ist © Martin Spernau, Verwendung und Reproduktion erfordert die Zustimmung des Authors