Here's an article dealing with Tarot storytelling, in a very tarot-ish way. You may gloss over the spiritual mumbojumbo all you like, but it has some very useful concepts in there:
What I found most useable - apart from the creativity tips - was the basic "storytelling spread" (see below) and the division of the deck for the various elements.
"[T]he Court Cards will be used for the creation of the main character or hero. The Major Arcana represents the themes of your story. The rest of the deck (the Minor Arcana) shows you the action line of the story. "
- 1) The Hero/Heroine of the Story (court card)
- 2) Theme of the Story (major arcana)
- 3) Past (any card)
- 4) The Conflict/Challenge (any card)
- 5) An Ally (any card, can be person but also other aspect)
- 6) The Future (any card)
- 7) The Resolution (major arcana)
Do go and read the full article!
SimilarHow the Bright Idea Deck came to be | October 2005 >>
alles Bild, Text und Tonmaterial ist © Martin Spernau, Verwendung und Reproduktion erfordert die Zustimmung des Authors