So I have been quiet here. Have you missed me? Here's a run doen and some thought about what I have been and AM up to.
- Work. Yes, I have been busy. My work for BBM has taken up a lot of my thought and time and creativity. It's rewarding and fun. I might not be doing as many hours as one may think I could. Well, I only code if I am fully concentrated and able to do the best possible job. That reduces the actual hours I work, but makes those hours count that much more.
- Family: I won't go into details here, but it's been interesting times. And as interesting times (in the sense of the chinese saying "May you live in interesting times!") it has served to strengthen the loving relationship of my family. See, challenging situations ARE a potential of growth if you deal with them openly and together.
New creative outlet: My creativity has found itself a new medium. After music, I have come to discover Second Life. Yeah, a game, I hear you say. Well SL is actually anything you make it. That's the real power of it. It is utterly and soley formed by what *you* put into it yourself. And aside of that it is very much about people. If I wanted to make veautifuk things in 3D, I could do so on my own, with better software and dar superior results. Doing it in SL has a very strong social effect. It is a forum, a showplace and also a collaborative space. Needless to say that it easily fullfills the needs that a blog might, and surpasses the blog in terms of direct feedback. In SL you directly deal with other (creative) people. In a blog you really never know who is reading and listening. Reactions to a blog are always kind of indirect (and no, I am not adding comments to this blog). What SL does not have compared to the vlog and the web is it's openess and sheer vast reach. Yet I think that matters little, because what really matters is that you get together with interesting people.
So there you go. A typical "why I've been quiet" type post. TO sum it up: lack of time, matters I don't want to blog about and a new channel of expression.
That said, I think I do have one or two posts in my head I would like to write now.
- when do you want something the most?
- Genius and cognitive dissonance
- let my personality shine through
alles Bild, Text und Tonmaterial ist © Martin Spernau, Verwendung und Reproduktion erfordert die Zustimmung des Authors